The YMCA Military Outreach Initiative offers respite child care services for children whose parent or guardian needs temporary respite from their role as primary caregiver in the absence of a deployed spouse. The care is intended for children who are infants (or youngest age permitted at the participating YMCA) up to 12 years of age (or oldest age permitted at the participating YMCA).
Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Families of joint deployed Army National Guard and Reservists of all military branches
- Families of Active Duty Independent Duty personnel
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Families of deployed Active Duty personnel, who are geographically dispersed outside a 30-mile radius from a military installation.
Note: Eligibility is for Title 10 personnel only.
To receive respite child care benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Find a participating YMCA in your area using the search tool below.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation to a participating YMCA for verification (please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA).